WTB: Cromodora CD-39 wheels

Jeff Stich

True Classic
Want to buy a set of 4/5 Cromodora CD-39 6"x13" wheels, preferably in decent condition with minimal corrosion/curb-rash/bend/crack issues & with center cone fully intact (ie: not the CD-39RC which has the center cone milled down to ~1/2" above the lugbolt holes). Chipped or faded paint is ok, as I'll likely repaint them anyway. Centercaps not needed, as I already have some. :)

The CD-39 wheel looks like this:

cromo_CD39s.jpg

cd39aa.jpg

Anyone?

Last edited:
I saw those yesterday, as well. I had my hopes up until I got to the part where the ad says "NON SPEDISCO", & unfortunately, I don't have any contacts in the northeast area to pick the wheels up, remove the tires & ship the wheels to me. :sigh:

Hi Jeff, sorry was too quick to respond. Ya, no shipping pick up only.

Actually, you know I have a set of these but they are 5.5 inch

Hi Jeff, sorry you’re absolutely correct. Just checked & they are 5 inch. In great shape but not what you desire.

If I see any for sale will forward you the ad!

Hmmm...

Hi Jeff, sorry you’re absolutely correct. Just checked & they are 5 inch. In great shape but not what you desire.

Well, I had decided on the CD-39's because I felt that their 6" width would help better fill out the cavernous wheel-wells of the car (early 850 Coupe), while not totally killing the nimble handling of the car. My "second choice", if I didn't find any decent CD-39's, was to find a set of the 5x13 CD-60's like yours & just use wheel spacers behind them with longer lugbolts. So, I'm not totally opposed to the 5x13's, but since I'm still rebuilding the car, I've got at least a few months' time on hand to locate some CD-39's before resorting to the narrower CD-60's. :wink2:

If I see any for sale will forward you the ad!

That'd be appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

---

No idea. I remembered he'd also posted a similar thread on the FS.com forum about the same time, with a few inquiries on the wheels from other folks, but nothing got updated there, either.

$875 is a bit higher than I'd like to pay, but I do understand quite a bit of work was put into those wheels. The thing is, I've seen many sets of these wheels in good-to-very-good shape list/sell for $350-$500 both here in the USA & overseas, but of course at the time I was just looking AT them & not FOR them. :rolleyes2:

Patience & timing is the key...For example, if I'd only decided on & been looking for CD-39's just a bit sooner, I could've had a great deal like this (including OEM Cromodora metal centercaps):

Vendesi €400 Varese 21100, Italia -
4 cerchi cromodora 6x13 attacco 4x98 modello cd 39, sono originali dell epoca in lega di magnesio.

0004pliocmusjr1k.640x480

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had decided on the CD-39's because I felt that their 6" width would help better fill out the cavernous wheel-wells of the car (early 850 Coupe), while not totally killing the nimble handling of the car. My "second choice", if I didn't find any decent CD-39's, was to find a set of the 5x13 CD-60's like yours & just use wheel spacers behind them with longer lugbolts. So, I'm not totally opposed to the 5x13's, but since I'm still rebuilding the car, I've got at least a few months' time on hand to locate some CD-39's before resorting to the narrower CD-60's. :wink2:

That'd be appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

Dug out the wheels today to take a peek. Have not looked at them in 15 years! & to my surprise they are all CD61!!??
Sorry cannot help you with these Jeff :sigh: (if that were the case down the road)

Dug out the wheels today to take a peek. Have not looked at them in 15 years! & to my surprise they are all CD61!!??
Sorry cannot help you with these Jeff :sigh: (if that were the case down the road)

What is the difference between CD 60 and CD61?
CD61 are 4x100?

Well, that was $1500 almost 3 years ago. If they haven't sold, it could be like multiple-million dollar homes around here - they sit because the market sees them as over-priced. (Million dollar homes, or those close to it, they go like hotcakes.)

If he responds, he's only 1 town over from me so I can go take a look, get photos, etc for you.

Larry
'79 X1/9

Back