Dual carb linkage for DOHC

Joe S.

Daily Driver
I installed a dual weber IDF carb setup on my 131 but need to figure out a solution for the accelerator pedal cable. The linkage on the carbs needs to be pulled towards the engine but the cable comes from the same side (not across the engine). I've seen in a couple photos a little assembly like the one below that essentially reverses the pull of the cable. Any idea what parts these are or where something like this is available?

the-schwab-collection-Fiat-131-Abarth-007.jpg

I installed a dual weber IDF carb setup on my 131 but need to figure out a solution for the accelerator pedal cable. The linkage on the carbs needs to be pulled towards the engine but the cable comes from the same side (not across the engine). I've seen in a couple photos a little assembly like the one below that essentially reverses the pull of the cable. Any idea what parts these are or where something like this is available?

View attachment 77921
We used the 131 cable to pull the carb arm towards the engine, we made a little bracket like what is on that bracket but with the open end facing the carburetor arm. We had to fiddle the carb arm to allow full range of motion and minimize the non linear motion.

The picture above shows the normal Fiat 124 throttle cable assembly for a 75-78 which is used for the stock Weber 32ADF. It just so happens it works brilliantly with dual IDFs, usually with a mild bend in the rod that goes to the carbs.

Just went back and looked at that pic again. The linkage on the cam box works identically to the spider one but is located differently on a spider, more towards the firewall.

Just went back and looked at that pic again. The linkage on the cam box works identically to the spider one but is located differently on a spider, more towards the firewall.
That's because that's a 16 valve engine .... cam covers are totally different (they are not just aftermarket copies with abarth emblazoned on them) and the 131AR also comes standard with a single 34ADF (but with a pair of 48IDF and manifold in a box in the trunk - Italian fiscal tax thing)

SteveC

Back