Printed Fluid Reservoirs

Pic of my OE 86.

Attachments

• 20240430_183556.jpg
    20240430_183556.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 25
Stratasys uprint se using ABS
yeah.... Not a great printer for sure and a very old school business model at Stratasys - as I read it, just ABS and just Stratasys filament complete with a dongle with each roll - no dongle no print. And mega expensive too. Well built machines that are good to hack by ripping out all the Stratasys electronics :) I am using a Sovol S04 and once I get successful prints in PP and or PA12, I will share the detail. My starting points are the default settings in Cura [the slicer].

Perhaps I'm wrong about the protrusions on the brake reservoir. But I do not recall ever seeing them, but maybe they are there?? Like I said, mine are buried so I can't verify it now. ;)

Does anybody know if the brake reservoir is used on any other cars? I ask as the orientation of the outlets just does not make sense on an X. No matter which way around you install the brake reservoir, one outlet points 180 degrees in the wrong direction and it also ends up so close to the structure in the car that the hose must have a very small radius bend. I frankly cannot see why both outlets are not pointed to the same side - toward where the hoses need to go! Anyway, those I print for my own use will have the outlets corrected.

I have ordered a kilo of PP and a kilo of PA12 [both in white] and will learn by doing. Won't arrive for a few weeks which gives me time to get a dryer set up.
Have ordered a Breville All in 1 Compact Air Fryer Oven. This will enable me to properly dry PA [Nylon] and also do any post print thermal treatments if I desire. Did not go with a purpose designed filament dryer as none of them can do the temperature required for PA and I would need a separate oven as well for heat treatments.

Does anybody know if the brake reservoir is used on any other cars? I ask as the orientation of the outlets just does not make sense on an X. No matter which way around you install the brake reservoir, one outlet points 180 degrees in the wrong direction and it also ends up so close to the structure in the car that the hose must have a very small radius bend. I frankly cannot see why both outlets are not pointed to the same side - toward where the hoses need to go! Anyway, those I print for my own use will have the outlets corrected.

I have fitted a reservoir out of a 92 Toyota Estima, it fits pretty well but the outlet pipes are bigger so need a reducing fitting.

But now I have 3d printers I might give it a go...

Capture.JPG

Have ordered a Breville All in 1 Compact Air Fryer Oven. This will enable me to properly dry PA [Nylon] and also do any post print thermal treatments if I desire. Did not go with a purpose designed filament dryer as none of them can do the temperature required for PA and I would need a separate oven as well for heat treatments.
Arrived. Waiting for filament, due on the 19th

Back