calling all PDX x-heads!

deadline design

'85 Bertone
My son is a Volvo fanatic, (Shop Manager at the "V-Shop" - Volvo specialty repair place if you need any work done on your "other' car), and he is always getting together with his Volvo buddies.

I've been jealous. There haven't been too many Portland get togethers of X's that I am aware of but see plenty of postings here.

I thought it might be fun to get a group together one Saturday evening out at one of the park turnouts on the road down to the Rose Garden from the Zoo.

How many PD-X squared of us are there and who might be interested for an 8/27/11 rendezvous?

Cheers! Larry '85 Bertone (currently with no brake fluid... evaporated I guess since no leaks spotted....)

I'll mark my calendar!

I have a few odds & ends to do before I can drive (like that temp gauge connection), but I'll be there with bells on!

Erik

RATS! I'll be out of town.

Maybe I can get a friend to drive the ol' '86 there -- the car is more interesting than I am anyway!

Charles,

8/27/11 is a possible date, not confirmed. If I hear that it doesn't work for a bunch of others, we can move it out....

Larry

Count me in...

Always up for Xweb Gathering.
Anytime is fine, 'cept week of Sept 11.
Going to MorroBay CA for family gathering.

I'd love to join in if you'll let someone from the other side of the river in. be tough between 8/20 and 9/5 for me, I'll be in the middle of a 3 rotor install in a 3rd gen RX7.

I plan on attending!

This should light the fire under my ass needed to find and repair the leak in my cooling system!

On for 8/27

We've had enough yay's to go ahead with this. Hopefully 1st of many. We'll miss a few but should be fun.

I'll put a listing in the events page and calendar tonite along with a map for location. I'll scout out the place too.

Thanks!

Larry

We're on the Calendar. Check out the notice in the Events Forum.

Drove over there with my wife of 32 years today (Anniversary date to the Rose Garden...) and decided that for a mid afternoon event the location identified, just past the Archery Range, might be a better one.

See you all there!

Larry

I actually have that weekend off

So I am heading down, assuming wife's permission.
Unfortunately, the blackbird X still isn't able to move YET.
Only leaves me one the question, what car will make it that far without breaking down Bradley GT or Lincoln...

Charlie,

Gotta be the lincoln.... Just kidding... Can you imagine how big that thing would like next to our "go-karts"????

Would love to see a Bradley GT. Been a long time! Where do you live, in general terms? Maybe someone could pick you up.

Larry

YEAH....

...Can you imagine how big that thing would like next to our "go-karts"???? ...Larry

You should see my driveway when I clean out the garage; A 77 Lincoln Mark V next to a 72 International 1 ton crew cab, next to the Fiat, next to the Bradley, the only thing smaller is the Crosley. :laugh:
Maybe I should take a picture of them all together, just to see the sizes. :hmm:
As for a pickup, I live on the south side of oak harbor, which is up in northern Whidbey Island. My wife said she would like to come. However, I think the deciding factor will be if anyone else is coming as well, more than 2 means not the Bradley...:rolleyes:
I also am waiting on permission from my command to drive that far....meh.

Back