I did it, I bought it.

addictedpunk

Daily Driver
So I took a little trip over to Upland, CA. And to make a long story short, I pulled the trigger on Mr. Allison's header and exhaust system. My sides started to hurt when I payed for them, but I figured that Fiona is worth the money.
Papa Tony, if you're reading this, I hope you're proud that I finally did it.

Now, for the two week wait....,

Oh, any advice for the new owner of these systems?

I can

I can only imagine that you will be very, very happy with your purchase. Cannot state it clearly enough, great sound, power boost, and your dog ( if you have one ) , will be able to tell when you're coming home, for a long long distance, mine can.

see my post ( Allison Header and Exhaust Installed )

Let us know, what you think of the power boost.

Enjoy your purchase, and the car.

Vincent dba enzo mac

Last edited:
Thanks enzo.

Dan, I'm not sure what muffler will be installed on the system yet. I didn't get a chance to talk to Mark about which muffler he was going to install (he was out hunting parts), but I did tell his sales rep that I wanted that classic Italian, baby Ferrari sound.
He told me that Mark will give me a call later and we can talk about muffler choices.

What I can tell you is that I went with the coated and polished version with the cat.

As of now, I'm playing the waiting game.

I bought and installed Allison's header with their quietest muffler. I have been told that the car sounds great, but couldn't hear that greatness while driving:) So, I had my wife drive and make a few passes by me when going through the gears. Yep, it sounds great.:clap: I can't speak to performance because at the same time I installed a Midwest-Bayless performance head. Overall, I'm impressed with both mods and would recommend to anyone that they do the same.

Dan, I'm not sure what muffler will be installed on the system yet. I didn't get a chance to talk to Mark about which muffler he was going to install (he was out hunting parts), but I did tell his sales rep that I wanted that classic Italian, baby Ferrari sound.
He told me that Mark will give me a call later and we can talk about muffler choices.

What I can tell you is that I went with the coated and polished version with the cat.

As of now, I'm playing the waiting game.

Please let us know what options they give you.....im probably going to be shopping for one soon.Thanks!!

Jose, you want some advice???

With the power boost, watch the speed limit.:excited:

You're probably too young to remember about smokies handing out green stamps.

Mark is a straight-shooting individual. I think you'll be happy with the result.

Mike

Indeed... I am...

Congratulations...

Now you can work another year and save up for something else!

You obviously have very FINE and EXPENSIVE taste!

I like to think I have fine,

but not expensive taste.
Then again, most of the good things in life are expensive.

Hey Mike, when I get all those tubes installed, when are we going on that mountain ride?

My day started with a phone call from Allison's Auto,

this is the result.

Oh, and as an added bonus. I found this in a junked X.

You guys aren't going to believe what I paid for the SS tank.

Polishing? I suggest you send it to someone in the...

great North East in October so they will have all winter to get it right!

Too much work for a SoCal-er with this weather!

Congrats on the exhaust... I'm envious about everything but the price!

Jose,

All looking and sounding good.

One of these days we need to hook up for a Palos Verdes run or maybe we can get Tony, Tommy, Rudy, George, Ricardo together and maybe do some of the canyons up near Tony. Only problem with going up north is the heat that's coming. South Bay area is usually cool.

Mike

Oh man.

Installation was a pain in the butt. The flange was too big in some areas, and I had to shave it down quite a bit.

Other than that, it went in easy. The system is louder than I thought. Way too loud, but I did ask for a baby Ferrari sound, so I guess that was my doing.

I tried to document the process, so here are some pics and a video on what the exhaust sounds like.

Oh, and Mike, South Bay it is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNUFAhxyUI"]Allison's Auto exhaust on Fiat X1/9 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Hey Mark,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time and developing such a kick-a$$ system for our beloved cars.

Like I said, the only pain was the shaving of the flange so it doesn't interfere with the intake manifolds. But other than that, it was easy. The header went in without any loosening of other parts. Didn't have to loosen the water pipe, didn't cut the bulkhead, even that heater hose you told me about doesn't even come close to the header.

By the way, do you have a manufacturer or model for the muffler that was installed? I like it, but I just have to get used to the loudness of it.

Anyway, I'll be passing by your shop so you can comment on my work and see if everything checks out.

Thanks again.

Back