Wanted: Brake fluid warning caps...

budgetzagato

Administrator
I'm looking to get 2 of these:

x19brakerez1500cap2.jpg

Image credit: Jeff Stich

It's a brake fluid reservoir cap with integral level switch.

So I can hook them up to the low level warning lamp on my Scorpion. the wire's there and just needs to be connected to the caps. I have 3 reservoirs, so need 3 total but I have 1 cap already.

Yes...

Yes, that's the BMW version, same idea. I'd like to get 2 more of the one pictured (which I bought) so they match. :headbang:

Won't fit.

I do believe Jeff is supplying similar caps with his brake fluid kits www.xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/25878

The caps used on my brake reservoir kits are internally threaded for the BMW reservoirs only. They are not a match for the thread pitch used on the original Fiat/Lancia reservoirs, which is the main reason why I went through the trouble of sourcing/including a different-but-similar-style cap in my kit. :italia:

Thanks Gregory

I'm glad they arrived so fast. I'm curious, are you planning to wire all three in parallel to the brake warning light, or separate for brake and clutch?

Parallel...

There is a single wire dangling in the cowl area that when grounded illuminates the brake warning light. So I plan to wire 3 parallel circuits to that wire on one side, and to a ground for each cap (or also a parallel circuit to a common ground). This way, if any of the 3 reservoirs (2 brake and 1 clutch) get low the light will illuminate.

I now have black, a tan and a green button caps. The question now is which color will go where? :confuse2:

Hey Greg,

I suggest you make up a 3-color LED indicator so you know which reservoir is low. :grin:

Back