Palms to Pines to Vines Group Drive

mbusman

Big Bird
Rob Green (Zonker) and I have been conspiring for a group event on Sunday April 12th. Save the date. More details will be coming soon. We'll start in Old Town Temecula, head for the winding/curvy mountain roads, and end up at the Doffo Winery in Temecula. From one of Rob's posts about the winery see below.
Mike
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Down in my neck of the woods, one of the winery owners, Marcello Doffo, is a Fiat lover, a small group of 500 owners went on a drive and ended at his winery. He came out and looked at the cars, and then told us the story of his 'cento (which he has enshrined a model of it in a glass case telling his family winemaking story). I have visited him since and when I traded my Pop in for a 500 Turbo, I had to show Marcello and give him a drive. He took the wheel and we drive up and down the hilly road near his place. After the ride he brought out a bottle of red and gave it to me gratis!

If any of you Fiat folk ever go wine tasting in Temecula, he's got the fun winery to visit. Besides being a Fiat fan, he has over 100 old motorbikes from all over the place lining the walls of his warehouse/banquet room. Oh and his Port is damn good!

Doffo Winery
doffowines.com

Count me in! I'm in Palm Springs

...and you have a great drive thru 74 just getting there

That's the great thing about this location, it's an hour drive from palm springs, orange county, and San Diego. LA folk have an extra half hour to hour but it's very worth the drive.

Mrxx19 & Philbert

Please PM me your email addresses so I can send you info to include in our SoCal X 1/9 (and other FIATs) owners list and have you on the email list for further details.

Thanks.

Mike

74, 78 Vroom

I drive to Ramona weekly, that being said my x needs new tires ;)
Luckily enough found a shop in town that can get me Yokohmama A539.

Route details have been sent to everyone on Papa Tony's list of SoCal X 1/9 and other FIAT owners. If you aren't on the list but have an interest in the event, PM me wit your email address and Itgey the set details to you.

Mike

Guys,

Just under 2 weeks to go. Please email me if you plan to attend as we need to get the headcount finalized.

Thanks.

Mike

Rudy (socalx19)

is in. He got a pass on diaper changing. Can't wait to hear his new exhaust system.

I also have another tentative......due to confirm by end of the week.

Picking up a little.

Mike

The time is closing in! I can't wait to meet up with all of you and cruise a group of Fiats through some really great roads.

I found some pics of the last Palms to Pines to Vined trip (with the Fiat 500 folk from fiat500owners.com

DSC_5404aa.jpg

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0555.jpg

20120909_151311.jpg

20120909_113951.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

My car is all shined up and pointed towards Temecula!
Eric Van Nice

Thats gorgeous! And I'd give a kidney to get a license frame like that. That was where I bought my first Fiat from back in the late 70's.

I was also asked if an Alfa can join the drive and the answer is an unequivocal yes! Any Italian car is welcome to join in the fun.

Last edited:
Rob,

Although we probably won't get any takers, I'd even welcome a Ferrari or Lambo owner who wanted to hang out with the most fun cars for the money.

Mike

Back