Permanent residency

rjplenter

True Classic
Well, it finally happened. I finally had my green card interview with Immigration this morning and I was approved! :grin:

Cheers,

Rob

Hey Rob.......!

....I finally had my green card interview with Immigration this morning and I was approved! :grin:....

..Did you have to sing "The Star Spangled Banner", with your right hand held over your heart, before they ticked the box?? :grin:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Congrats

Congrats Ron,
Following the law and process is amazing...and just think, you didn't need Obama to fix it..:nuts:
Glen

Congrats and welcome to being a green card carrying expat versus an immigrant.

Thanks Karl

It feels good to have a home again.

I was offered a job to move here in 2003 and I've been an "immigrant" ever since. In 2013 an Aussie immigration officer told me I was now considered a visitor to Australia, which was quite a shock.

So it's nice to be considered a true blue, dinky-di, fair dinkum resident somewhere!!!

I am late to the party

I don't come to NFC often, glad I checked in here. Congrats Rob!

Luv your spiky hat, Rob....!

....That's YOUR pic on the RH side of the card, ain't it mate? :wink2:

Enjoy beautiful France! (lucky bugger!)

cheers, Ian - NZ

You got it Lawsa...

...still in my 70s punk phase mate!

This trip is for work, but Kristy and I determined to have some fun while we're there. I'm told Nice is pretty this time of year. :)

Yep, all of France is beautiful.....!

...I'm told Nice is pretty this time of year. :)...

My friend Robyn and I toured by car through France, Italy, and Belgium back in May-June 2000.
We loved it!! If you are heading to Nice along the Sth. Coast, you will pass through a tiny place called Juan les Pins - just like paradise!
We had 2 nights there in a B. 'n B. just off the main route, at a VERY reasonable price! Super helpful hosts who just love having Kiwi's and Aussie's as guests (dunno why ;) ).
Ahh mate, just posting this is making me all wistful again!

Have a great time, in a really neat part of the world!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Yep, you are in Paradise, Rob.......!

"French Riviera, lovin it!!!"

.......heh, almost as beautiful as NZ!! :nod: (my greenwith envy face)
Enjoy it while you are there!!!!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Last edited:
It was almost perfect

But didn't spot a single X!

I've been to the Island of the Long White Cloud Lawsa. Stunningly beautiful mate.

Cheers,

Rob

Almost the same when we were in that region.....!

...But didn't spot a single X!....

...in fact, the only X I spotted on the whole trip was a nice condition 79-80's 1500 parked-up in the parking floor of the hotel we stayed at in Zurich - on our way up to Belgium!
Lots of Lambo's and Ferrari's on the highways (leaving us in their dust as we tootled along in our hired Peugeot 206).
Yep, VERY nice part of the world to travel in! :thumbsup:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back