1976 Fiat 128 2dr Sedan on eBay

This car was listed on the Bay area Craigslist about 6months ago for $750. I wondered what happen to it. It looks like it could be the beginning of a nice project. To bad it is not smog exempt. A friend of mine registered his Strada as a historic vehicle, he pays a little more for his annual registration, but as I am told other than the initial smog check, the vehicle is now smog exempt an has no bi annual smog requirements.

This car was listed on the Bay area Craigslist about 6months ago for $750. I wondered what happen to it. It looks like it could be the beginning of a nice project. To bad it is not smog exempt. A friend of mine registered his Strada as a historic vehicle, he pays a little more for his annual registration, but as I am told other than the initial smog check, the vehicle is now smog exempt an has no bi annual smog requirements.

Interesting! I need to learn more about the historic vehicle thingy.

I have some spare 128 small bits, like a decent cluster, steel center caps, etc.

My '81 is registered in Michigan as an Historic Vehicle. One time registration never renewed, saving TONS of money, although I'm only supposed to drive it to car events. Every day's an event so I'm good.

Old car plates

Here in Virginia I have antique car plates for all my Fiats. As noted, one trip to the DMV and no more hassles, no smog, no safety inspection. Like you, everyday is an "event" or "test drive".

carl

His lack of need for smog check might be attached to his home zip code rather than the historical vehicle designation. Some rural areas in CA qualify for needing a smog check only when you buy or sell a car, and nothing in between.

smog

Virginia has a rolling 20 year exemption on smog tests even with normal plates.

Back