Abarth oil options?

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
I have noticed the Abarth likes to "sip" oil and it can get a tad low not long after an oil change. I bought a quart from the dealer last time I was there and they were using Penzoil Ultra 5w40 synthetic which I can NOT FIND ANYWHERE. Anyone know who might carry this or another close or similar full synthetic?

Went to Mobil's site and they recommend Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 for the 500 Abarth.

Believe it or not, you can find it on Amazon.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-550022576-6PK-Ultra-European-Synthetic/dp/B006A49KJC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405022189&sr=8-1&keywords=pennzoil+ultra+euro+5w-40"]Amazon.com: Pennzoil 550022576-6PK Ultra 5W-40 European Full Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6): Automotive[/ame]

I bought a 6 pack from them, free shipping with Amazon Prime, quick delivery, no problems.

And of course it comes with the Ferrari prancing horse logo on it, so that must add 5hp per quart!

Pretty much any 5w40 oil is going to be acceptable. All 5w40s are synthetic and most meet ACEA A3/B3 specs. Those that don't are still likely to be just fine.

Back