We Bought A 2012 500S

lookforjoe

True Classic
E2F6AD51-5A5B-4A45-A509-04AC984F597F_zpsvpecqtkb.jpg
[/

Drove several base models, a couple of C's, looked at a couple Special Edition jobs, and a Abarth - all 2012 8-35k miles.

I really like the Abarth, but my wife not so much. Since it's primarily her transport - we settled on the Bronze one above, no sunroof but the price (10,400) was right.

This one felt 'right' - definitely goes with my wife :)

All the others had niggling - to serious (interiors chewed up, dents, oil leaks, no power, etc.,) issues.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride

I am thinking about painting my 85X that color. I think it would look nice on an X.

Yes, I think it would look good on the X. I'm likely going to use the newer red on mine after the Dallara panels go on - it's close enough that I won't need to shoot the trunk & inner sheet metal to match, I think.

I find it curious that the yellow looks better in pics than in the flesh - it's a touch too pale in person, and several had bumpers that don't quite match.

Congrats, that has been one of the color I have kept coming back to when I look at these cars. Rame is the name for it.

There was a factory X color that was very much like this in 79 as I recall, we have a few members with them.

I hope she really likes it. It will be interesting to hear how it does from the view point of a real car enthusiast with some maturity, unlike the majority of the folks on the various 500 forums.

Just throwing this out there;

Congratulations on the purchase; How would that wheel with a 45 series tire look on an X1/9? Too modern looking for an X1/9? Any opinions? :devil:

I'd still like one of these for my daily. Tried to talk my wife into one but being a two door with silly small rear seats doesn't really work when there's kids to move around, and yet, I'll push it again next year.

I'd still like one of these for my daily. Tried to talk my wife into one but being a two door with silly small rear seats doesn't really work when there's kids to move around, and yet, I'll push it again next year.

The rear seats aren't bad - I sat in the back of three variants on test drives. Kids would fit fine (unless they're 5' 10"?). All the crap that goes with (musical instruments, sports gear, etc) Maybe not so much.

Our kids are adults, and we really don't need 4 doors anymore. Both this and my Volvo are hatchbacks, so carting stuff is covered.

Infact, we have 3 2 door vehicles now :)

I hope she really likes it. It will be interesting to hear how it does from the view point of a real car enthusiast with some maturity, unlike the majority of the folks on the various 500 forums.

She really likes it!

So far, my first impressions are very good. I've only driven for short distances on highway & local hilly terrain. Car feels peppy, all controls & clutch feel responsive & well integrated. Tilt wheel doesn't drop down enough for my liking, but it's still OK.

I'll have to do some more spirited driving in it without the Mrs....:thumbsup:

Congrats!

Congratulations Hussein! We used to have a red on red 500C 5 speed and loved it. Had to trade it for another vehicle needed for our business but really enjoyed it the time we had it. I'm sure y'all will love yours too!

The rear seats aren't bad - I sat in the back of three variants on test drives. Kids would fit fine (unless they're 5' 10"?). All the crap that goes with (musical instruments, sports gear, etc) Maybe not so much.

Our kids are adults, and we really don't need 4 doors anymore. Both this and my Volvo are hatchbacks, so carting stuff is covered.

Infact, we have 3 2 door vehicles now :)
We test drove one a few years ago, 18 year old son and 13 year old son. They fit but were cramped. The older one isn't around much but we do foster care quite a bit so we have smaller ones coming and going. Mini vans have their place!

Back