Well, HELLO!!

You win -- all I've ever found in my X is broken acorn shells in nearly every nook and cranny. Just when I think there can't be any more I find them. At one point in the life of my X, I'm pretty sure it was a chipmunk apartment complex.

But they're all gone now. Unless I find more.

Its an Abarth! You hit the jackpot, that is now a much more valuable version of an X1/9!

Wow, I really need to start looking more carefully for a good barn find!

How big is it?

It would make an interesting "keepsake" for the car. Is it small enough to get cast in a clear resin ball that could become a shift knob?

Only about an inch & 1/2

Crumbled when I picked it up. Must have crawled up thru the drain hole on the passenger side.

Hey, I find those in my garage off and on all summer.

They must be drawn to the Abarth scorpion wheel centers I have on the Daytonas.

This Car was Towed Behind a Winnebago

From Arkansas to So Cal on multiple occasions. Big selling point. Lower miles on the Engine.
Found the Scorpion about 4 inches from the rusty Drain Hole on passenger side. Figured it climbed on board in your area.
Speaking of your area, what's the weather like there in May-June. Baby girl is graduating UNM. Planning on driving "The Bull" out on much of Route 66, for the occasion, but got no A/C.

RedBull 78, that sounds awesome cool, well awesome hot

May is o.k. but June can be very hot and very dry. Nothing that a well-tuned X can't handle though. The targa stays on in June though for me. AT 5000 feet the sun can overwhelm any cooling from the flow of even the single digit humidity air. Be sure to give me a heads up. You might need some garage time before the drive back. And the scorpions are at their peak in June, so maybe you can replenish your supply.

I was There in 2011

for baby Sister's grad from Cleveland HS. My high mileage(427k at the time) Corolla had "breathing" problems at Altitude.
Plan A: Drive the X for the trip, rent something with AC for the big day, to keep my suit "dry".
Plan B: Drive my Geo Metro and enjoy the AC, MPG & Luggage space.

Boo! Hiss!

I used to hunt for the little buggers and organic cast them in sterling silver. This one is only a half inch long. They like dark areas and on the edge of light. They show up under black light. The vaulted ceiling of my house is about 35 feet high and 30 years ago for the first few summers after I built my house we would find one hanging at the very top. The ones here in Ark that I have seen only get about two inches long. I stepped on one with my bare foot in the dark and it got me on the toe. It itched for a couple of hours. Red I am in NW Ark so if you have any issues on your trip keep me in mind.

Red I am in NW Ark so if you have any issues on your trip keep me in mind.

The Bull came from Mountain Home, Ark, so maybe one your locals.

Hope you aren't dealing with the PO's "Import Mechanic". Here's a sample of his work:

PO said car had a "New Clutch & Timing Belt" shortly before he parked it about 8 years ago. I knew something was amiss when he said it had to be in Neutral to Start. But Geez??? "Someone" Glued the broken Clutch Shaft back together and used the Adjusting Nut to help hold it. I got a receipt for some of his work. PM if you'd like to know where it is?

Back