Oldest original X1/9 known?

fiat4me

Low Mileage
I found some members have s/n's under 5000, but I haven't found where the oldest original exists world-wide, which seem to be difficult to locate. I'd like to find others that have their original cloth faced seats and what colors or patterns were available. My early '76 (OCT 1975) model has medium rust-brown with black woven in.

Related to this are known changes documented by month and year. Mine has an original cat with the exhaust exiting from the left rather than the right, the hood release handle is in the glovebox, and the seat backs are adjusted ...in the back.

Anyone know who has/owns/controls the Bertone archives?

Is that the last 4 numbers on the registration?

If so that would mean my '74 was one of the first 10K made :woot: - 9915.

That's going to be...

...a 1972, probably in Italy. Wonder how many still exist and where the first one is...

I think the early cars had vinyl only if I'm not mistaken. My '75 and '76 had vinyl, and I think Euro cars could come with cloth.

My '75 had the exhaust exit on the right, not the left. Perhaps you have a Euro car that had a cat fitted (Euro cars have left exhaust for some reason)? or someone modified it?

What do your bumpers look like? (specifically the part where it exits the body). Maybe your car was federalized?!?

Can you post some pics of your car and the details you mentioned?
I am sure we can shed some light on things and tell you what you have and what's original and what is not.

early x

not to bust the bubble, but I have two 74's with the vin of 0009765, thanks (MM/OR) and 0009363.
I am pretty sure that there are lower vin's out there if they still exist.
cool part is they were both sepia brown. go figure. they must be sisters!
I am sure that my first 74, R.I.P. might have been lower than that.
mikemo

Mine is a -73 with no: 4738.
It was originally rosso arancio with red carpets and black vinyl seats.
Sold in W. Germany and given as a gift to a daughter or mistress of some German businessman according to the PO.
She got tired of it and it was imported to Sweden in -74 and used as a demo car at a Swedish Fiat dealer.
I bought it 9/14 -92 and have no plans on selling :)

I found some members have s/n's under 5000, but I haven't found where the oldest original exists world-wide, which seem to be difficult to locate.

There's no official registry, so all you can do is ask in as many forums as you can worldwide, and then look in the various unofficial registries.

As far as I have heard, the oldest surviving X in the world is VIN 0154 and the oldest in North America is 3269.

Back