#EngineSwap : K20 tensioner bearing replaced...

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
A clacking noise recently only while the car was very cold, had started to linger a bit and I also noticed my "knock count" was capturing what I thought was phantom knock. Today I noticed the tensioner bearing would jump a little when I heard the "clack". I replaced the tensioner bearing and the noise is now gone. The old bearing although didn't "feel" like it grind when I spun, it definitely was noisy. A stock Fiat engine tensioner and I would definitely have replaced it. I will confirm for sure after the car has fully cooled down over night.

Just an FYI for the other k20 swappers here...Since we don't have a dedicated engine swap forum section, the rest of you have to read it too...:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could delete it Tim, then no one would have to read it

Not sure what's in the water lately. Lots of people seem to think tweaking a bunch of volunteer moderators is a good way to have a little fun. Trust me when I say the mod team is not enjoying it as much as you all seem to be.

Not sure what's in the water lately. Lots of people seem to think tweaking a bunch of volunteer moderators is a good way to have a little fun. Trust me when I say the mod team is not enjoying it as much as you all seem to be.

No "tweaking" intended Jim. If stating a fact is breaking a rule, then I guess I am guilty ;)

Delete away....

K20 curious

Hello there, I was wondering if I could visit and see your conversion. I am contemplating such a thing for my Scorpion. I'm down in Palo Alto if you want to see my project and have a laugh.

I think maybe just a #K20 hashtag in the subject would suffice for stuff in the workshop area. Those uninterested could easily ignore and those like me who are keen to know K20 specific it general swap info could easily search. Just a thought. -Darin

Hello there, I was wondering if I could visit and see your conversion. I am contemplating such a thing for my Scorpion. I'm down in Palo Alto if you want to see my project and have a laugh.

More than welcome to see my attempt at it (in an X). send me a pm and I will send you details where the X and I live.

BTW - I saw your post on the Scorp project. Much respect for those cars and your willingness to take on such a project. You will love it. There is a Fiat America member Ken Haven I believe, who was going to do a k24 swap in his - at least he mentioned it last time I saw him.

I think maybe just a #K20 hashtag in the subject would suffice for stuff in the workshop area. Those uninterested could easily ignore and those like me who are keen to know K20 specific it general swap info could easily search. Just a thought. -Darin

Not bad idea...

No, No, No... I want Tim right where he is and...

not hiding his Achievements (and many Foopahs) as he continues with perfecting this swap. I don't wanna go from forum to forum to forum as we have too many sub-forums already... IMHO!

HA!

Back