One too many zeros in this price

Ah yes - the wife is now trying to cash in on what the husband kept telling her it was worth when she said he spent too much money on that damn Fiat LOL

Best offer

Ad says or best offer....which could have one less zero. I don't like ads like this which show pictures of what the car could look like rather than what it really looks like. As my buddy's wife says, "to dream costs nothing".

carl

To advertise costs nothing...

I see many interesting vehicles FS for months...or years.
Seems to me they're hoping for big payday,
& increasing odds by increasing their gameplay.
Similar to nigerian scammers or playing lottery.

Before interwebs, advertising cost quite a lot,
so sellers would soon adjust to market value,
return their merchandise to the back forty,
or get it gone via swap meets.

The good old days...........

Paying money for a three day weekend ad in the Washington Post then committing to staying at home all weekend to answer the phone (no cells back then).

I don't miss any of that. When I go to sell a car I put in a good price because I want to get it sold, not to support my retirement.

carl

I can only assume that the fuzzy pictures are of the car for sale, and the others are WHAT it could look like. I remember hovering around the phone (before pagers and answering machines) and getting a phone call from aunt betty wanting to talk.:help:
mikemo
MM/OR.....send me an update, so I can send you one!!

Exasperating...I asked her how flexible she was on the price, she said give me an offer. So I premised my offer on the NADA categories, and was generous (I thought) when I offered $1800 tops. I was ignored. Too bad, this one is destined to rust away into nothing if the seller doesn't do a little research into what they're selling for in that condition. :rolleyes:
Mike

Back