Random bits

Re: Yugo parts

Please take a look through my shelf's and see if you see anything that you want to keep from the scrap yard.

https://vt-stromer.smugmug.com/Other/Parts-for-sale-Wanted/27472185_hLc4Fw

Oh, my...too much good stuff! :)

As spares for my 128, I'd be interested in:

Yugo radiator hoses (shown in bags in photo 3)
Yugo EFI gasket set (photo 9)
Water pump belt/s - what engine are these for? (photo 13)
12x1.25 head bolts (photo 20)
Yugo cambox bolts (photo 23)
Yugo head dowels (photo 25)
Yugo starter solenoid/s (are these only for Iskra starters? - photo 29)
Yugo cylinder head(s) - 1100 or 1300? (photo 38)
Yugo "DMB 1300" labeled timing belt covers/brackets (photo 39)

What valve train parts are in the boxes on the right in photo 39?

Carl Friedman might be interested in the front steering/suspension pieces (photo 40), as well as the X1/9 rear coil springs set (photo 37) for his 128 Wagon project?

PS - That "X1/9 engine pan" in photo 4 should be rather easy to sell here in a separate ad. It's the passenger-side engine bay vertical splash shield with integrated alternator shield - missing on many X's these days. Priced ~$20-$30 should do you well. :wink2:

Parts

Yugo radiator hoses (shown in bags in photo 3)
I have 4 lower, 3 upper $10 each, 3 bypass $5 each
Yugo EFI gasket set (photo 9)
$35
Water pump belt/s - what engine are these for? (photo 13)
12x1.25 head bolts (photo 20)
$10
Yugo cambox bolts (photo 23)
$10, I have more, you get them all
Yugo head dowels (photo 25)
$10 for the bag
Yugo starter solenoid/s (are these only for Iskra starters? - photo 29)
Yes. I can list all the part numbers with the other rebuild parts I have if your interested.
Yugo cylinder head(s) - 1100 or 1300? (photo 38)
I'm sure there are some of each, 3 used 1 new.
Yugo "DMB 1300" labeled timing belt covers/brackets (photo 39)
2 red 2 black EFI half a dozen brackets $50 for all
What valve train parts are in the boxes on the right in photo 39?
4 boxes of valves, spring keepers, valve seals and related stuff. $50 for all.
PS - That "X1/9 engine pan" in photo 4 should be rather easy to sell here in a separate ad. It's the passenger-side engine bay vertical splash shield with integrated alternator shield - missing on many X's these days. Priced ~$20-$30 should do you well. :wink2:
I have listed the pan here before cheaper than that with no takers.

I am trying to convince this guy from the Yugo group to come and get it all for $300. I will gladly piece it out until he commits.

Yugo AC stuff

Do you guys think this could be used to develop a home-brew system on my 128? If so I'd be very interested.

Do you guys think this could be used to develop a home-brew system on my 128? If so I'd be very interested.

There is at least as much room in a 128 engine bay as a Yugo.
If you want to take a shot I can send you the bag of bits, condenser and compressor which are new. $300.

Tempting

I think I should hope the Yugo guy take the whole lot from you. If I bought it I'm sure it would just sit and collect dust :(

The cam box bolts in photo 20 - are they for an X1/9? Also, are they new? How much would you want for them with shipping to Santa Clara, CA 95050?

Photo 25 head dowels, those look more like valve guides.

My machine shop buddy was telling me that back in the late '80s or early '90s, he was doing 2-3 heads a week for the local Yugo dealer. Apparently some car were coming from the Yugo factory with too-tight valve-stem-to-valve-guide clearances, and after being driven by the customer for a short time, the stems would almost weld themselves to the tight guides and the belts would snap, and take out the rest of the valvetrain.

Do you know if the tan seats are shorter than a regular 1982 X1/9 seat? If they are I might be able to use them in my X. Looking for seats where I can drive with the top on,and with a helmet on. Thanks

The cam box bolts in photo 20 - are they for an X1/9? Also, are they new? How much would you want for them with shipping to Santa Clara, CA 95050?

They are new.
4 are 90mm
4 are 75mm

I have tons of used ones if you need to fill out a set.

$15 shipped.

Do you know if the tan seats are shorter than a regular 1982 X1/9 seat? If they are I might be able to use them in my X. Looking for seats where I can drive with the top on,and with a helmet on. Thanks

No chance. They sit much higher in the car.

Back