1979 X/19 -----Free Sad but true

GHBG35

I am giving away my family heirloom. I have been gone for awhile, my wife battled cancer (and WON) for a few years. 2 kids keep me busy, running a mortgage comapany takes whatever time is left. And last month my house was flooded. I need to make room for storage and it is time to see the car go.
Car is a 1979 1300, was bought new by my Father and never left the family. I rescued it the day before Katrina and elevated it in my garage. No harm came to it, but it was the last time it was driven (10 years 1 month ago almost to the day). I moved it by trailer to my new home with plans to resurrect it. Last month my home flooded (once again it missed being flooded since I had elevated it again) I have the title and think I even have the original sticker. About a year ago I turned the engine so the old 1300 (70K original miles) may not be in bad shape. Some surface rust here and there. It would be a parts car, unless someone wanted a real project. I am just outside Baton Rouge, but my Truck (along with my M6) was totaled so you would need to retrieve it. I will add pictures tonight. It would make me happy even if a piece of this car lived on...Just too much for me to deal with now.
20160909_173307.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FB_IMG_1471440656548.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My email is ghjbeale*gmail.com , I will reply with my cell if needed

Last edited:
Very sorry for all your struggles. You've been through a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm in Texas, near Houston, not that far from you really. We've been having plenty of flooding of our own, luckily we haven't had water in the house but got very close a few months back.

I would love to see some pics of the car. I'm still after my first one, 1979 was the year model I was wanting originally (my birth year, and I like carbs) but most ppl recommend going for a later FI model. But I still haven't found the right one.

If the engine is free and the car isn't rusted away why would it be a parts car? Sounds to me like one that could be brought back.

I'm looking forward to the pics, and maybe more. I do have a truck/trailer and you're only about 5hrs from me.

Would like to see some photos. I am about 600 miles away. You would be doing me a great favor if you got the car DR1553.

so sorry...

to hear this. trying times indeed, hang in there. Hopefully, someone close by will get the car and get it all fixed up and then come back and take you for a ride.

Would like to see some photos. I am about 600 miles away. You would be doing me a great favor if you got the car DR1553.

I hear that! We'll see what happens...I'm definitely interested. Looks like Jeff may have beat us to it. No offense but I would rather see the car stay in the South. It seems like there are already tons of them in the great lakes region.....while pickings are EXTREMELY thin down this way. I hate seeing cars being bought in TX, NM, AR, NV and CA and shipped up there to rust away. :whistle:

Just adding my condolances here...

Sorry about the house and cars... Bless you for all you are going through as I think I understand your wife has passed as well.

I can't imagine... and this hasta test your faith. Pray unceasingly.

Update -

I am going to pick this car up on Wednesday and store it on our property nearby until December or so when I'm taking some time off and can sort it out fully. I'll post a bunch of pictures once I get to it.

I responded in this thread, sent pm's and emailed him with no response, as did others. How did you end up with the car?

I don't see how. He hasn't logged on since he started this thread. I emailed him right after I responded in this thread, the same day of the original post....and then again a few days later. No response.

It doesn't matter, he can give it to whoever he wants, I'm just a little sore about it since I tried to jump on it asap.

I don't see how. He hasn't logged on since he started this thread. I emailed him right after I responded in this thread, the same day of the original post....and then again a few days later. No response.

It doesn't matter, he can give it to whoever he wants, I'm just a little sore about it since I tried to jump on it asap.

Same here, no big deal. It was a long shot for me anyway (long drive!)

How did you get a hold of him? I've emailed him 3 times now with no response.

Plus he hasn't logged on here since right after he started this thread.

Car is in a lot better shape than I could have imagined...makes me sick. Congrats.

I emailed him directly at the address in his original post, ghjbeale*gmail.com

Did he mistype his email? I'm just curious what happened.

Back