FS: 13x8 Performance Superlights

Steve Hoelscher

True Classic
I have a set of 13x8 Performance Superlight wheels for sale (4x98). They were used as autocross wheels and have _never_ been street driven. Wheels are true, no curb rash, and in excellent condition (save some light scuffing at the bead from multiple race tire mountings).

$600 for the set. Location is Northern Virginia

Link to the wheel manufacturer's page: http://www.performancewheels.com.au/product/superlite-13/

Photos:

What size/brand street tires would work for these? Btw is it too soon to call Dibs if you ever sell the DSP X1/9?

I had a set of Sumitomo 215/50-13s on my '74 for a long time. They worked great. They were mounted on 13x7 Revolutions but those tires will fit perfectly on 13x8s.

I just bought my DSP X1/9 back after 10 years. I hope to not be selling it any time soon. :)

I really don't know yet. First task is getting it operational. Its been in storage for a while. Needs the hydraulics redone, along with a timing belt and a general service. Once its running then I will see about what to do with it. I will probably get it streetable so I can drive it some but beyond that I haven't the faintest idea. The opportunity to buy it back came up suddenly and I wasn't going to pass.

Like the dog that caught the car. What do I do now? :hmm:

It would make a great conversation piece/coffee table for your den or living room but only single guys can get away with this.

Looks like a very Japanese X1/9.

Fiats seem to have homing devices we inadvertently install in them sometimes. Congrats.

Chris G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Manufacturer's webpage says the offset is -6. That sounds accurate as the back space is 4.5" (the distance between the mounting flange and the inside wheel lip).

I think these would be perfect for a Dalara Kit.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, the MR2....stream of consciousness on my part, didn't mean to confuse!

Chris G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I had a set of these wheels...

Pretty sure these are the wheels I bought from a place in CO could have been Pack Racing. They used to distribute for Superlite in UK or AU not sure but I had aluminum rings made to adapt them so they convert to hub centric. Put them on a Yugo so probably did not need to but one less thing to worry about if done. Have since found a place to get ready made adapters but will have to stretch to remember where...
Regards

Like, Steve, I have had many many aftermarket wheels for my Fiats that were not hub centric and never had any wheel issues. The key is to tighten the wheel bolts/nuts in a cross pattern as you snug them up.

Back