Rear bearing installation help needed - again

Ndtman

Project car
Hello. I am once again attempting to install the rear wheel bearings into the carrier on my 1976 1300 cc X1/9. I am wondering what the distance between the rotating hub and the fixed carrier should be, once the hub has been pressed into the bearing. This would be measured with a feeler gauge. The distance I am referring to is pointed to with the red arrow in the photo below.

Thanks!
Jerry

not measured

Jerry the hub just presses in against the wheel bearing inner race. There is no measurement that I am aware of between the hub and knuckle although they should not hit each other. When the axle is bolted in it also pulls the hub against the inner bearing race.

Good luck
Charlie

Scroll to near the bottom to find, "rear wheel bearing replacement."

This example was made using the 1500cc rear, the 1300cc rear is pretty similar.

Bernice

http://www.network54.com/Forum/1215...aka+Site+Content+FAQ)+-+contributions+welcome

Hello. I am once again attempting to install the rear wheel bearings into the carrier on my 1976 1300 cc X1/9. I am wondering what the distance between the rotating hub and the fixed carrier should be, once the hub has been pressed into the bearing. This would be measured with a feeler gauge. The distance I am referring to is pointed to with the red arrow in the photo below.

Thanks!
Jerry

Back