Fuel sender

Danno

Low Mileage
Starting to get rolling on making this 1976 128 of mine driveable. The fuel tank was shot and there was some pretty nasty rot on the rear crossmember that caused it to completely rust in two. The tank has been (hopefully) restored using POR-15. And I found a very capable welder who has repaired the crossmember (I was skeptical about the ability to fix it without a complete replacement).

Anyway, I'm making sure everything is ready for me to install my tank and I found the bag with the fuel sender in it and while it appears to be complete, I wouldn't know, because it's in a million pieces!

Matt has some nice new ones for a pretty good bargain, but I thought I'd do a shout out to see if anybody has one in really good shape that they'd be willing to sell me. I normally wouldn't be so stingy, but I just dropped some cash on new brake parts all around (everything except front calipers). I also bought a POR-15 Floor kit, and I also need new tires, and have been looking at new wheels as well because the selection of 13s is poor and, well, the stock rims aren't as pimpin' as I'd like.

And, just in case anybody wonders, I AM the Danno from other Fiat forums that also owns a 1980 Carb'd spider. (Actually, I thought I'd registered here some time ago, but couldn't find my login...oh well)

tu5ena8e.jpg

Pretty sure there is supposed to be some float and also not sure what that white piece is on the right.

Never mind. Just bought a new one from VAS for dirt cheap. I really should have confirmed that it's got a return line on it, but I figure I'll be fine with whatever comes in the mail as long as it fits the tank and allows fuel to come out, lol.

Back