So. Cal. Junkyard Report

Jeff Stich

True Classic
A few of the L.A./O.C. Pick-A-Part (Pick-Your-Part) junkyards were having a 1/2-Off Sale this weekend, so I spent the afternoon cruising to a few different yards today to see if there was anything interesting to be found. Unfortunately, the results were...

• Pick-A-Part, Wilmington/Long Beach (North of PCH); no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Pick-A-Part, Wilmington/Long Beach (South of PCH); no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Ecology Auto Wrecking, Wilmington/Long Beach; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Pick-A-Part, Stanton; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Pick-A-Part, Anaheim; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars, one rusty Alfa Romeo Alfetta.
  • Ecology Auto Wrecking, Santa Fe Springs; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
:sigh: :hrmph:

Thanks!.

Thanks Jeff,
I'm currently "glued" to my house, and I can not go anywhere, I wanted to go this weekend to see if I saw any FIAT in junkyards around my house (stanton and anaheim) I was also a little angry because I did not have time to go early this morning.

thanks! :headbang:

Re: Alfetta wheels

The Alfetta had all 4 stock 14" steel wheels on it (front/left wheel is under car) & a 5th one in the rear stowage area. These are the wheels that look similar to a stock 850/128 &/or early 124 steel wheel with the little round holes around the perimeter. Some surface rust but otherwise looked sound. The car & wheels looked similar to this one (but the junkyard car is in worse condition):

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...ed/129831-1976-alfetta-gt-sale-1650-00-a.html

Sorry, not the Alfetta alloy wheel I know you're looking for. If it was, I would've grabbed one for you! :wink2:

Don't know...

bummer - perhaps the san diego yards will fare better??

From my location, that's a little too far South/West for me to travel for only 2-3 yards that might have a Fiat in them. Of course, if I know there are Fiats there that I'm interested in, that's a whole 'nother story! :grin:

A 75-mile max perimeter from home is my usual range - that's about 18 junkyards to choose from; 4 yards to my East, 3 yards North, 7 yards West & 4 yards North/West.

From my location, that's a little too far South/West for me to travel for only 2-3 yards that might have a Fiat in them. Of course, if I know there are Fiats there that I'm interested in, that's a whole 'nother story! :grin:

A 75-mile max perimeter from home is my usual range - that's about 18 junkyards to choose from; 4 yards to my East, 3 yards North, 7 yards West & 4 yards North/West.

Yeah, sd from my location makes sense, i usually do chula vista to the south, thousand palms to the east, adelanto to the north, and Ontario to the west... All are about an hours drive away, just not from each other :p

So. Cal. Junkyard Report II - The (Inland) Empire Strikes Back

I had to drive out to San Bernardino yesterday to look at an old truck that a friend of mine was thinking of buying. Long story short, it was a total POS & completely misrepresented by the ad & the seller (on the phone to my friend). So, instead of wasting any more time doing a "PPI" on the truck, I bailed early & hit a few more junkyards along the way home. :D

The results:

• Pick-A-Part, San Bernardino; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Ecology Auto Wrecking, Rialto; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Ecology Auto Wrecking, Fontana; no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Pick-A-Part, Riverside (aka Hillside); no Fiat/Lancia/Yugo cars.
  • Pick-A-Part, Ontario; 1980 Fiat 124 Spider, 1972 Fiat 124 Coupe & 1981 Fiat X1/9. Both 124's have been there for a month or so, the X1/9 about 11 days.
Here's a pic of the X1/9 just before it was put out in the junkyard:

ontpap81x19.jpg

If anyone's looking to get a hood, fender, bumper or decklid from this car, PAP is currently running a special all April that has any of these items for only $24.99 each (plus tax & a refundable core charge).

For myself, I grabbed 3 of the Cromodora CD91 wheels from the X1/9, all were well-weathered (bad paint) but otherwise in good shape with no curb rash(!). The 4th wheel I left on the car because it had a broken center hub "cone" (where the centercap goes). A bit of irony is that I just bought a set of 3 of the black plastic centercaps on eBay a week or so ago that fit these wheels (basically because they were nearly free!), & when I got home late this afternoon I found that the caps had arrived in todays mail. Funny how life works out like that sometimes! :italia:

Back