Lancia Scorpion Battery Group Size

Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from Italy. :)

I bought a walmart battery, yea I know but they were the only ones that did not mind me poking around their stock with a ruler. I usually stick with Interstates but my buddy that sells them did not have any that would fit and his catalogue did not mention Scorpions.

As for the hold down my car did not come with one, if yours has one mind taking a photo?

Thanks,
Ralph

Holddown on my Scorpion

As for the hold down my car did not come with one, if yours has one mind taking a photo?

Is not stock, I'm not sure what the stock arrangement is. I went to the FLAPS and bought a tie down kit that consisted of a couple J-hooks and a flat bar they link into that spans the top of the battery. Drilled a couple holes in the battery area floor, threaded nuts on from below.

If you are looking to exactly duplicate stock this won't help you, but if you are just looking to tie your battery down, it's one solution. I can try to get pics if you need.

Pete

Thanks Pete the description is enough, I can manage that with some left over spider parts I have.

Yea I was hoping but NAPA's group 58 battery is actually an inch longer than Walmarts. I was thinking of returning the Walmart battery and getting an interstate group 58 battery but Consumer reports mentioned that batteries can not be gauged on brand alone. They said some Interstate Batteries are great and others are lacking, the same for Walmart.

I actually used a Mt-58 Interstate and it fit perfectly.

I have the original tie downs thats utilize 2 J hooks, 2 wingnuts and the crossbar.

But the crossbar goes across the top edge of the battery at the positive end. It did not go across the middle top of the battery. Also note that the 2 J hooks are at a 45 degree angle, leaning towards the positive side of the battery.

There was also a hold down at the bottom of the battery, negative pole side, near the front headlamp.

Back