SOLD****

Quick Fast and Dirty:

-1981 Fiat X1/9 1500 Fuel Injected 5 Speed w/90k miles
-In Bellingham, WA 90 miles north of Seattle
-Rust free, accident free, high quality driver
-Many tasteful mods & upgrades. Looks like a series 1, drives like a series 2
-Undergone complete rolling restoration over last 10 years
-$6400 OBO call txt PM or email aeddington*lithia.com or (360)621-4621

**Car can be seen this Sunday 4/20 * the Fiat Enthusiast Northwest All-Italian Car Show at XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah**

Long Detailed and possibly sentimental:

I found this car sitting in a family friend’s driveway in 2003, sitting for over a year thanks to a rusting out gas tank. I replaced the tank, pump, filter, injectors, and fuel lines. Put new tires on it and drove it that way for a few years.

In 2008, the head gasket went thanks to a failed thermostat and subsequent overheating. At that time I did a fairly complete mechanical overhaul of the entire car including:

-New head gasket, timing belt, tensioner spring and bearing. Head was checked at local machine shop while off, nice and flat. Valves shimmed to spec upon reassembly.
-New thermostat, coolant temp senders for FI and gauge, radiator fan switch.
-Stainless coolant tank from a 78, new cap.
-Full tune-up including cap and rotor, plugs and wires, MSD coil etc.
-Magnaflow muffler and cat delete
-New brake and clutch master cylinders. New rotors, pads, flex lines, and front calipers.
-New KYB GR-2 shocks and IAP lowering springs (fronts cut an extra coil).
-All new fluids in every system. Lots of rubber bits replaced (hoses, connectors, seals)

Now that it was going, turning, and stopping better than ever it was time to make it look better. Over the next few years I did the following:

-Bumpers removed. Steel front spoiler and grill from a 75-78. 74/75 style turn signals
-Full black interior conversion from a one owner 82 model. This included seats, door panels, carpet, full dash, center console, visors and various trim. Original camel color back and pillar vinyl was dyed with professional SEM products.
-Pioneer CD/AUX deck with Infinity 4”/4x6” speakers. Power locks + keyless entry
-Shaved license plate lights, bumper trim holes, antenna, and door moldings.
-Replaced rusty trunk and hood with clean originals. Cut and welded patch panels in 3 or 4 rusty areas around the body.

After driving and bodyworking this setup for a few years I deemed it ready for its re-spray last year. Body was stripped bare except for front and rear glass. Respray included door jambs and trunks using PPG single stage in the car’s original color Rosso Arancio. I used all the best parts I had collected from 3-4 parts cars over the years upon reassembly. Tons of new tiny items like door pin switches, door panel clips etc. As part of reassembly I also restored a few items:

- Seats reupholstered in black vinyl and red stitching
- Replaced Brake and clutch reservoirs and all lines to master cylinders.
- Repainted targa top, engine cover, wheels, steering wheel and speaker grills
- Tons of electrical fixes like dome light, illumination bulbs, headlight motor diodes, brown wire mod, etc
- Honda size battery and custom mount

I also have a parts stash of items to fix the last issues. This includes a new backup light switch, a performance 4-1 exhaust header, a cold air intake, and a new speedometer cable (damaged during reservoir line replacement). I also have single rail bumpers for the car if the buyer prefers (pictures to come).

Last edited:
I think you're going to regret selling this one... it is VERY tastefully done and if I was X-less I would jump on it.

WHY Alex, WHY???

Hopefully its not due to an illness or divorce or something serious.

I find it very difficult to pick apart anything on this car... and TASTEFUL is an understatement.

I think the orange trim on the stock steering indicates it all, and says MUCH about who you are and what kind of work and taste that you have.

Sorry to see you selling this, wish I had room for it!

If I didn't already have my beloved X with lots of blood, sweat, and $$$ invested -- I'd be ALL OVER this one... Very nice.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! No divorce or illness just ready to move on. Too many cars I want to own and so little time on this earth

Good news but... yur gonna kick yurself later...

You should have read all the sad testimonials by now... poor souls.

Hate to see it happen to such a nice guy!

Back