awesome customer service

autox19

True Classic
Semi fiat related. I have been working on a b16 swap seems like forever (ready for the heckling). Last year I bought a custom wiring harness from Rywire. The past year on and off I have been trying to get the motor running (wouldn't spark) calling them multiple times. Each time getting great help. We finally came to the conclusion it might be the harness. I sent it back a couple of weeks ago along with my ecu. They tested it on thier engines and itworked fine. I told them oh well, back to the drawing board and gave them my cc for their time and shipping it back. I got it back today with a zero amount charged as well as detailed instructions on how they think I might have messed up. Along with that note was an additional message that the tech said he is going on vacation soon but gave me his cel number as he wouldnt be in the office. Wow. Amazing. Reminded me of the vendors that are here on xweb.

Odie
soon to be running b16 swap

My older son is looking at doing this swap. Do you have any advice and/or links that have been valuable? Were you able to keep the trunk?

He tried to sign up on Xweb but never got the verification email and hasn't tried again.

advice

http://autox19.com/b16/ Invaluable.

yes you can keep the trunk. I chose not to. after realizing my crossmember was scary rusted. so I had to build a new one.

wiring can be done by hand by sorting out the stock b16 wiring but I went the route of buying a harness for the b16 with open ends to connect to any car. it was created by rywire as a race harness. They NOW (too late for me) have a system built especially to add a stock b16 engine harness to any vehicle http://www.rywire.com/product-p/b-sub-race.htm I would highly recommend this if you dont like messing with wiring.

The above is one thing I would have done differently. here are the other things I would have done differently
  • do it before I had kids
  • pat attention to the shifting mechinism on the honda trans to make sure it clears the fiat suspension mount. Mine was about 1" too high to make the linkage easy.
  • Setting up the expansion tank was trickier than I expected, but I learned quite a bit about sealed systems.

It really isnt that difficult. feel free to ask any questions as several people here have done the swap.

Odie

pictures

what do you need pictures of? there are quite a few already on this forum and the slides from the link. but anything that isnt posted, just let me know and I will take what I can.

Odie

bussman

I am thinking of ordering the panel (15303-4) and cleaning up my wiring when I am done. looks like a pretty simple panel to work with, just pin the wires on the bottom and you are good to go. did you get the pin ends from the same place you got the panel?

My plan is once the engine is running, I can clear out all the extra wiring from the fiat, remove the engine, clean up the engine compartment and wiring, then put it all back together.

Odie

I am thinking of ordering the panel (15303-4) and cleaning up my wiring when I am done. looks like a pretty simple panel to work with, just pin the wires on the bottom and you are good to go. did you get the pin ends from the same place you got the panel?

My plan is once the engine is running, I can clear out all the extra wiring from the fiat, remove the engine, clean up the engine compartment and wiring, then put it all back together.

Odie

Yes, bought everything from an EV supplier. Here's a pic of the panel with the cover off...

b8f1307e.jpg

Some of us aren't

born that lucky or pretty. If my last name was spelled Bussmann, I'd have a rich daddy in the fuse business and I'd be on a beach somewhere instead of going to the JOB every day.:mad3:

Mike

Back