K20 X1/9 for sale

Sorry to hear you're selling. She sure is beautiful. What size wheels did you go with as I love the stance. Are they 15x6 or 15x7 shakotan?

AC

Just curious. How does the ac work compared to an X in later years.
Still so so or does it blow your ears off with cold air ?

Bring a trailer, this car specifically..
I am so proud to be an X owner and a member of this board..
hands down, I would buy your car if I had $26K to spend, over anything else.
This is the car I want to build, I know exactly what the specific performance of this car is like its what I want to drive. Love it!

Jim,

Just wondering: was any bodywork required to get those 15" wheels/tires to fit? Also, would 13" wheels fit over the rotors/calipers which are now on the car?

Looks amazing!!!!
So the wheels are the 15x6 with +20 offset that "Allison automotive" lists on their site front and rear?
I see 195/45/15 in the pic for the fronts, is it the same in the rear?

Air Conditioning has been repaired

Hate to shamelessly bump my own thread, but wanted people to know that the air conditioning has been repaired and is now fully operational.

Nice to see that both Bring a Trailer and Jalopnik has provided coverage on this, and while some of the comments were not so positive, some were really nice. I guess that's the way of the X1/9.

Agreed. As is often the case in the internet age, some folks were unnecessarily harsh in their critique of your cosmetic choices. But you made this car to suit YOUR tastes and IMO it looks fantastic.

Hate to shamelessly bump my own thread, but wanted people to know that the air conditioning has been repaired and is now fully operational.

Nice to see that both Bring a Trailer and Jalopnik has provided coverage on this, and while some of the comments were not so positive, some were really nice. I guess that's the way of the X1/9.

Agreed. As is often the case in the internet age, some folks were unnecessarily harsh in their critique of your cosmetic choices. But you made this car to suit YOUR tastes and IMO it looks fantastic.

Agreed and the positive posts WAY out number the others. And, frankly the little personal touches done are not un-doable at all.

I love the car. And Remember, "opinions are like..." well, you know the rest.

still available?

With all the interest in the K20 swaps and this one being the first (that I know of) street conversion available i figured this would go suuuuper fast. Especiallly considering the savings in money and headache available here....

anyway good luck! I'm jealous of the new owner already

It must be maddening to read some of the comments regarding the cosmetics!

Reminds me of what a lot of real estate agents will tell you...their most frustrating "buyers" are the ones that go to see a house and all they can talk about afterwards is the horrible taste of the current owners regarding the drapes, the furniture, and the décor, but forget to notice stuff like whether there are quality or no-name bathroom fixtures, whether the basement leaks, and how old the roof is.

Last edited:
I am a X newbie but have owned Fiats since 1979. All were 124 spiders except for a couple 124 sport coupes early on. I have just purchased a one owner, air conditioned 1977 X with 56,000 mi. and drove it home from Rancho Cucamonga Ca. to Plattsburg, Mo. with absolutely no problems. Only thing is that I also got to find out how completely gutless the 1.3 single cam engine is in stock trim. I am really liking the K20 swap idea and will likely go this route. I would love to jump on this one that is already sweet and ready to go! Someone will get what appears to be an awesome ride.

Back