[FS] 1980 Fiat X1/9 Bertone - ZERO RUST - [Corvallis, OR

Bearzah

Low Mileage
FOR SALE - 1980 Fiat X1/9 Bertone... $3,500 - Need sold ASAP

You have to see this car to believe it. People, this car has NO RUST, runs like a little Ferrari and handles like a dream.

This car was placed in storage by the ORIGINAL owner back in 1993 and I bought it earlier this year (Yes, just shy of 18 years in storage!!!). After COMPLETELY going through the fuel system (sat sense 1993) and giving the car a basic tune up, it now purrs like a kitten. Odometer reads 95k miles, but, I find this hard to believe due to the ridiculously good shape of the car and how well it runs.

Just before putting the car in storage, a fresh set of tires was installed and have less than 10k miles on them.

This car is completely original.

The GOOD:
Runs awesome
ZERO rust
Great condition original paint
Hell, I have the original window sticker, owner’s manual and Fiat emergency roadside kit.

The BAD:
The car WAS used and has several door dings... these can all be "popped" out by a professional. None of the paint is affected by these dings.
The seats need to be recovered.

I've attached a few pics of when I picked up the car fresh out of storage and a couple in my front lawn after getting it back to 100% running. I can post more pics... The front and rear hood compartments looks AMAZING... like they just rolled off the assembly line.

Last edited:
OK... so here is A LOT of pics... yes, the car is dirty (it's been sitting for 17 years!!!! )... Imagine how it will look CLEAN!!! .... And as I said before... NO RUST, NO DAMAGE, NO B.S. .... Please let me know where you want other pics before you ASSUME something... grrrr
PLEASE NOTE ORIGINAL stickers under hood = ORIGINAL paint = not rebuilt

Here are a couple pics RE-SHOT after wiping them with a wet rag... NO RUST... was just dirty.

Here's a RE-SHOOT of the strut tower someone had a question about... again, was JUST DIRTY... NO RUST

I would totally buy this car if I could. I dig the color.

It's an AWESOME car!!! Bummer the economy is in da crapper right now :dead:

My wife is REALLY starting to sway towards keeping the car and using it as her daily driver for the gas mileage, because she loves how it looks and how peppy it is... LOL, especially when I mentioned lowering the price another $500. She tells me, "this car would have sold for over $5k easily 5 years ago... this sucks!"...
Bah...

The Bertone is STILL AVAILABLE... although my wife is talking more and more about it becoming her "play car"... (and she likes the 35+ mpg :rolleyes:). As you can tell, i haven't pushed this car to much. If it sells than great, if not than my household could use another commuter car. The purpose of it's sale was/is to fund the engine replacement in my RX7... with tax refund season coming, the need to sell the car is diminishing quickly. My RX7 still sits, but, hopefully not to much longer.
If you'd like some more pictures (although I find that hard to believe :eek:), than let me know what you want :headbang:
-Chris

hmmmmm
Maybe I should try to tweak mine a bit more than, 29 is my max.
sorry to divert, carry on
BTW I love this color, pretty sure this is the color of the one that first caught my eye back in '84 or so.

low miles... runs clean and sharp... INJECTORS CLEANED AND BLUEPRINTED last month with ZERO miles on them... it runs like a clock and gets uber-mileage :headbang:

LOL.. I'm selling the car to myself... lol

Back