1977 124 Spider 32 Weber Linkage Picture?

Elanplus2

True Classic
Hello -

I acquired a '77 that I'm bringing back to life. The carb needs rebuilding, and it seems obvious to me that the secondary is not opening via the throttle cable but it will by hand. I can't visualize what is wrong this the current installation. Might anyone have a picture of how things are supposed to go together? This one has a the coolant activated choke assembly.

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,

Aaron

No picture but tons of experience with spider carbs. You say the carb opens all the way when you work the throttle by hand, I assume you were manually pulling on the lever arm the linkage attaches to.
There are two areas of adjustment. The first is the cable end onto the cam box mounted linkage. The cable end has a socket that slips over the ball on the linkage. This socket is adjustable on the cable (undo the jam nut and you can thread the socket in and out on the cable end). The other adjustment is the rod that goes from the carb to the cam box mounted linkage. It has two of those socket ends and they too are adjustable in and out to lengthen or shorten the length of the rod.

Before messing with these, make sure your gas pedal has full motion in the cabin, goes all the way to the stop button on the floor.

It's amazing how many folks are driving around with carbed spiders and Xs with carbs that only open halfway or 3/4 because the linkage is not adjusted correctly.

Back