Can anyone here read Italian?

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Hi folks. Still looking for some Euro bumpers. Found something neat on Ebay Italy but I am having difficulty translating.

Wish I knew how to post a link but go to Ebay Italy - go to Classico - type "Fiat X1/9 kit estetico" in the search box. Sure looks neat but I think maybe they are fiberglass replicas? Picture is poor but I think it also shows a front spoiler? Probably doesn't matter as I don't think he will ship outside Italy anyways?

Thanks, Doug

Here is the link,

http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/rica...te/kit-estetico-per-x1-9-fiat-bertone/8784126

76a650023b8472e8597105cbdaabb670_big.jpg

Hi folks. Still looking for some Euro bumpers. Found something neat on Ebay Italy but I am having difficulty translating.

Wish I knew how to post a link but go to Ebay Italy - go to Classico - type "Fiat X1/9 kit estetico" in the search box. Sure looks neat but I think maybe they are fiberglass replicas? Picture is poor but I think it also shows a front spoiler? Probably doesn't matter as I don't think he will ship outside Italy anyways?

Thanks, Doug

By the way, he/she says that they are selling a complete fiberglass kit to convert the "monstrous" US bumpers (I assume the railroad style) into the Euro Mk1 style. They are new, and have never been mounted.

Doesn't explicitly mention "replica", or list the components (spoiler). It also doesn't state if they will ship outside of Italy/Europe.

-ryan

Contact FiatFactory

Hi
Steve (fiatfactory) would be able to help you I think. He is a good guy and very helpful oh and I am sure he can speak read italian,
Hope this helps

The key word is "vetroresina" which is glass fibre...

"crosariol" is the manufacturer... sort of like the Italian equivalent of "eurosport" in the UK...

So they are a fibreglass reproduction, and it is the whole kit as pictured.

SteveC

Thanks

Ryan and Steve - thanks for the translation help - very kind of you.

Has anyone out there used these? They look pretty good. I know someone in England (CSC) makes something similar but are apparantly of poor quality and have no mounting provisions. Are these any better? Will he sell only the blades?

Thanks again, Doug

Go to google

Then click on the more tap at the top, then translate, pick Italian to English, then cut and past the link in the box, then hit translate...

Ryan and Steve - thanks for the translation help - very kind of you.

Has anyone out there used these? They look pretty good. I know someone in England (CSC) makes something similar but are apparantly of poor quality and have no mounting provisions. Are these any better? Will he sell only the blades?

Thanks again, Doug

Hey Doug, I'd suggest putting together a few questions in a paragraph or two, and we can translate and send off to the seller in Italy. They need to provide better photos, for one. -ryan

Hi Ryan

Yes Ryan, I agree. How about?

Are all pieces fibreglass?
Are there any mounting provisions (studs or nuts molded in) ?
Will you sell just the blades or blocks?
Will you ship to USA or Canada?
Can you supply better or more photos?
Would you like to post more info on this forum?
Do you have any more X1/9 stuff?
Do you speak English?
Do you have - or can get- more than 1 set?

Ryan, if you are able to translate this and can figure out how to send it to him I would be grateful. I'm sure many others here would be too!

Thanks again, Doug

I'm not sure if sending the questions to the ebay seller would be useful... the ad doesn't give any indication that he's the maker of the parts... he's just selling a set that he has...

I don't know much about the firm, I've just seen the name mentioned on Italian language forums...

I'd post a link to the appropriate forum pages, but you need to join the forum to view...but maybe these pictures of some of his products will work...

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/x19/paraurti.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/x19/paraurti2.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/x19/178crosa.jpg

SteveC

I'm not sure if sending the questions to the ebay seller would be useful... the ad doesn't give any indication that he's the maker of the parts... he's just selling a set that he has...

I see absolutely no harm in asking a few questions though...

Yes Ryan, I agree. How about?

Are there any mounting provisions (studs or nuts molded in) ?
Do you speak English?

Ryan, if you are able to translate this and can figure out how to send it to him I would be grateful. I'm sure many others here would be too!

Thanks again, Doug

I'd put the question about English first. Anyway, here we go, as a best attempt (I'm a second-gen'er, non-native speaker :D):

Sono tutti i pezzi in vetrosresina?

Are there any mounting provisions (studs or nuts molded in)?
Ci sono provvedimenti di montatura (bulloni o dadi formati)?

Vendete solo le lame o i blocchi?

Potete spedire in USA o in Canada?

Potete mandare ancora altre foto o foto migliori?

Vorresti metter piu informazioni su questo sito (www.xwebforums.org)?

Avete altre cose per la X1/9?

Do you speak English?
Parlate Inglese?

Avete - o potete avere - piu di una serie?

At first glance, it looks like you can go directly to that link (Invia Email), put in your e-mail (Tuo indirizzo email) and questions (Messaggio), and hit send (Invia).

-ryan

Se tutti i pezzi di vetro-resina?
Esistono disposizioni di montaggio (bulloni o dadi stampati)?
Si vendono solo le lame o blocchi?
Potete spedire a USA / Canada?
Potete fornire fotografie di più e meglio?
Volete inviare maggiori informazioni su questo forum?
Avete più X1 / 9 pezzi?
Parli inglese?
Avete - o può ottenere - più di questa serie?

SteveC

Doug,
I use Google Translate for all my Italian - English (and reverse) translations and have found it to be pretty damn good. Much better than Babelfish which I used to use.

For example below is the translation of the Italian Ebay advert. - but I'm a bit surpised that it didn't translate "Vendo" (Sell)

Italian to English translation
* Published: November 23
* Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia
* Province: Trieste
* City: Trieste
* Ad Number: 8784126
* Category: Cars> Parts & Accessories

Send Email
Send e-mail user X

1. Your email address
2. Message

By clicking Send, you agree to the terms of use and privacy policy. Your message will be sent only to the author of the ad and will not be made public.

Vendo fiat x1 / 9 Crosariol fiberglass kit to convert the monstrous bumper model america in the first series

new never mounted!

Italian lingo at your service

shoot me the ad or a link - I'll get it to you in Inglese in 24 hours

Ooops -- jumped the gun...

My first time here - and than i saw the rest of it.

Anyway - They kill you with shipping, the stuff is light (and tight),

And if you try and call them - dont forget the time difference - Italians hate to be rudly awakened.

I'm keeping the horror of the federal bumpers on my 1977 - Drivers in my neck of the woods are not gentle parkers - and good body shops are hard to come by.

Back