Midwest-Bayless - 13" WHOA! Brakes Special

Vendor Post

Midwest-Bayless currently has good stock of Series 2 WHOA! Brakes for Fiat X1/9, 128, Yugo and Scorpion cars and are offering a sale on these complete, bolt-on kits.

The WHOA! Brakes kit includes Wilwood 4-piston calipers, brake pads, adapter brackets, braided stainless hoses, and hardware. This kit as shown below fits all Fiat X1/9s, 128s, Lancia Scorpion and Yugo cars with 13" or larger wheels.

For a limited time, the legendary WHOA! Brakes 13" kits are just $699 complete.

These things are AWESOME, and are the most effective brake kit on the market today designed around your affordable, easy-to-source, stock 9" brake rotors.

What's more, they fit under ANY 13" wheel....

And, with a simple extension kit available separately from Midwest-Bayless, you can upgrade to use the larger 10" rotor at any time provided you move to 14" or bigger wheels.

All WHOA! Brakes Series 2 kits now include upgraded Wilwood "Polymatrix" ceramic street performance brake pads at no additional cost!

WHOA-S2-X19-KIT.jpg

For more information, or to order your WHOA! Brakes kit, click here:
WHOA! Brakes 13" Kit for Fiat X1/9, 128, Lancia Scorpion and Yugo

Happy motoring!

From Matt's website:

Kit includes a pair of lightweight, low-profile, four-piston Wilwood calipers with custom billet aluminum caliper brackets designed specifically for the X1/9 - Scorpion - 128 - Yugo carrier, four agressive ceramic-compound Wilwood street brake pads, braided stainless flexible brake lines, spacer plates, mounting hardware and instructions.

If you only put these on the front, what do you do to re-balance the brake bias? I'm running all stock brakes probably original pads and was thinking that I needed to up the rear bias to balance the braking until I put good tires on it, now with no brake upgrades I have balanced braking, rears lock right with the fronts, and I have measured braking with a Gtech at 1.15G's on Yokohama S-Drives

I guess my question is how will changing just the front calipers affect the overall breaking?

Effects

All cars have a majority of braking bias in the front of the car, so upgrading the effectiveness of the front brakes is a win-win in most every situation.

Choosing upgraded rear braking solutions requires a lot of forethought, as there are more dynamics at play depending on the chassis set-up and driving conditions.

To illustrate this, if you put stock front calipers on the rear of the X, which is easy to do, without a brake bias adjuster and then stomp on the brakes as normal, the rears will lock up every time and braking will be >less effective<... Not what you want in a performance braking system.

In most cases, we tell people that a good compliment to WHOA! Brakes in the front is a set of aggressive performance pads in the rear, coupled with braided stainless lines.

We do not have an upgraded caliper solution for the rears, because of the inherent complication of the handbrake function that is required.

-Matt

I've had the Series II Whoa brakes kit on my streetX for 4+ years. It was one of the very first kits that that Jim Fierst produced. I have no complaints at all about the balance. I like having modern front brakes that just work and work very well. That said, front grip from good, sticky tires is very important to the X handling and braking.

IMG_1214w.jpg

Back