pulling brakes

I already have copper anti-seize at home, but will buy a brake specific product if it's going to make that much of a difference.

I wouldn't buy anything specific. I don't know if there is one specific? I use an anti-sieze, can't be sure of the brand, this last time the can was out of reach but regular grease wasn't so I used a smear of that. I can't imagine it's a huge deal what you use, a little of something, just a smear, too much and your risk it getting really hot and getting on the rotor/pads or igniting?

So I commuted in the X this morning. Felt nice, no shaky and tracked straight, have to assume I did at least a passable job with alignment last night.....okay, it was really in the wee hours of THIS morning. Brakes still dive left for a split second and then even out. Next step; hoses. Then, failing that I'll go after calipers.

Did hoses last weekend. Pedal seems a bit softer but braking is good and straight ahead. Hoses had some cracking on outside covering, should have tried to verify inside condition but didn't, pretty sure I pitched then already. I was complaining of this in 2013 so it's an old issue with my car. The hoses I took off had a red band on them. Where they original? Not that it matters I suppose. Feel better on morning commutes now, if there's one of those sudden slow downs at least I don't have to be ready to counter steer the brakes anymore, hard habit to brake (get it?)

Back