Wanted - Wiring Help In Trade For Parts

I have a '77 X with a mid 80's (I was told 85) FI Engine.
The wiring is a rat's nest - there is a relay setup off what appears to be a 124 under the dash which continues to either short out, or blow various electronics throughout the car. It's not mounted, either. It is sitting on the center hump. The gauges are minimally functional, at best, and most switches and a few gauges have been moved to the center console. (I am actually ok with that, but if they worked, it would be preferable.) I am good with cars, by no means new, having restored a few, but I am absolutely horrible with computers, fuel injection wiring, and complicated gauge wiring. I did the troubleshooting, and attempted to trace down the wires, but I need someone to just show me what is going on. I am only so-so with manuals and the like, but learn fairly fast (I think) when actually being shown.
I am a bit low on money, but I do have a rather large collection of parts.
lights, switches, new gauges, exhaust, intake, suspension parts, plastic pieces, cam shafts and covers, a head, rubber pieces, a wiring harness, front grill, carpets and a lot of random other parts.
I would like someone to spend a little bit of time physically here helping me fix the electrical in return I will give a few parts (the number depending on what the parts are and how long the repair takes.) I live in Oak Harbor, WA. Please let me know if you are interested, or know of a mechanic's shop in close proximity that could help me.
-Charlie

Get in touch with me...

I may be able to help. Is the car drivable? Can you come here vs. me making a house call?

At the moment, No. Been in the garage for about 4 months now.
But Thank you.
Getting no fuel injection. Used the WIKI troubleshooting guide to trace it back to non-op ECU.
It seems the cruddy wiring shorted out the ECU, She's getting a trickle of positive charge from the ground. The only matching ECU I found is on Ebay for $150. I am waiting till payday (fri) to try and get ahold of a new one to see if that is enough to take her somewhere.
All of this led to enough frustration to post an AD asking for help with the wiring.
-Charlie

I have a known good ECU floating around here somewhere. Might even have two of them. I'm just a bridge and a boat from you and might be able to find a bit of time next weekend. Drop me a PM.

EDIT - even better, Gregory and I might be able to make it at the same time to help you get it sorted out...

Back