FS: X with 19 miles (not mine)

Funny. I absolutely love those seats. The confetti seat covers are very cool but the fabric from what I see doesn’t stand up to use very well.
I love those seats as well--on a blue X1/9. With the burgundy (that is NOT red) outside, that combo kind of looks horrid.

It's not the print I disagree with
The seat pattern is not a print as such, it's actually two layers of material. The top blue is alcantara and has the little squares cut in to it, while the multicoloured look is a whole separate under layer. The seats have a justified reputation for not lasting as the under layer dissolves in sunlight and simply getting in and out of the car roughs up the little top squares. To see seats in this condition is nothing short of amazing.

Did the UK not get black bumpers
Yes, at the same time as your cars, but it was early '88 I believe when the silver bumpers were reintroduced on standard trim cars and this was before the SE cars in my mind. On my '88 cars, one had black bumpers and the grey velour seats, while the other (a later vin, but I still haven't checked what it was!) had silver bumpers and a square'ish velour seat pattern - this era also had the blue back and door panel's that carried over to the SE. The silver bumper cars do feature in a brochure iirc and were either red, black, white or a rather washed out yellow - in the UK at least, they also had the more fancy S178 dizzy as per the SE & GF.

Currently at ~ US $24,000...

EDIT: sold £25,000 about US $31,332 (+ buyers fees)

Last edited:
Back