Will motor oil mix with gear oil in tranny?

So it's not unusual for the wheels to spin and be hand stoppable while in neutral?
I'd wondered to myself if the clutch master cylinder might be involve, but then thought that with the trans in neutral, the clutch would be out of the loop.
Seems like I read something about the 5 speeds having the throwout bearing left with some pressure on it by default. sort of wondered if that might be involved.

Thanks for the sentiment. It's all good though. As long as I can keep my spirits, keep making progress, and don't run into anything that stops me working completely, bumps in the road along the way don't really bother me much;)
I don't mind working, I just can't stand having to stop. lol
Take care and I hope you have a good Easter weekend:D

Okie Dokie, thanks pete:)
I just saw that another person said they thought it was fairly common as well, so I won't worry about it for now.
That's one more load off of my mind, which is good. Too many worries and I lose my concentration and forget what I'm doing:p

Most any car will spin the wheels when raised up while in neutral. Just the drive gears idling have enough juice to spin the wheels, as I understand it. 5 speed slave return spring to "maintain adjustment" (while wearing on TO bearing a bit more) 4 speed style spring just the opposite, pull lever away to avoid wear but then you feel the slop more as the clutch disc wears away, I could easily have that wrong but either way, matter of preference, not very critical at all, I've had springs rigged up both ways and currently running none.

Back